Shopping at the Calgary ReStore saves you money on your home improvement projects and helps families at the same time!
Most of us have a list of home improvement projects we want to tackle. Maybe you want to paint or redecorate, replace some furniture or appliances, put in a new floor, or install some shelves.
You may be a young family and need to watch money carefully. Or an established family looking to make some changes in your home. Maybe you’re a home decorator or designer, or a contractor with a fixed project budget. Or maybe you’re a big-time do-it-yourselfer. You’re facing the challenge of cost versus quality, and where to go to get ideas and value. We’ve all been there.
If your budget is limited, consider the Calgary ReStore as the first stop for your project. It’s going to benefit you in ways that might surprise you.
Here are the top 5 reasons shopping at the Calgary ReStore rocks
1. Huge cost savings and the best bargains in the city
Because they are donated, most of the goods sold at the ReStore are sold between 40 and 60% of what you would pay at a regular home improvement centre. You can find clean, quality couches for often less than $300. Or fully inspected refrigerators under 10 years old for $350. And the list goes on!
2. Pay no GST
Because ReStores are the social enterprise of Habitat for Humanity Southern Alberta , and are selling donated inventory, you save on GST. If your cart has $200 worth of merchandise in it, you save $10.
3. Shop quality products and materials
ReStores get their donations from three sources: households, businesses, and other home improvement retailers.
- The building and home improvement materials donated by businesses and other retailers are brand new. They might be discontinued lines, or colour mismatches, or outdated stock removed from shelves to make room for new inventory.
- The furniture and appliances donated by households are inspected by ReStore staff before they are accepted. Appliances are less than 10 years old and are inspected and fullly repaired by ReStore’s certified technicians before they are put on the floor for sale.
We are so grateful to all of our donors for the quality and variety of their donations!
4. You can find the perfect solution for your home improvement project
Lots of us browse our home improvement projects. At ReStore, there is such a variety of product, all at bargain prices, you can literally discover the cost-effective answer to your home improvement challenge right there at the store.
The inventory changes constantly and good items are sold quickly. But many ReStore shoppers are able to take advantage of this part of the ReStore experience.
5. You’re doing good and helping families in Calgary and across southern Alberta
Shopping at ReStore doesn’t just help your family and your bottom line. It’s also a socially responsible action that makes a difference to other families and to the environment.
In 2016, Habitat Southern Alberta’s ReStores diverted more than 2,100 tonnes of useful goods and materials away from the landfill. Good furniture and appliances get reused, and brand new goods and materials are made available to shoppers rather than being thrown away.
At the same time, the ReStore helps fund the operations of Habitat for Humanity to help families right here in Southern Alberta. Habitat helps working families achieve strength, stability and independence through affordable home ownership.
In 2016, ReStores contributed $1.4 million to Habitat’s work in Calgary and Southern Alberta. So when you shop at ReStore, you’re actually helping families, and that’s something to feel good about!